Sacramental Program dates 2021:
Please note that the below dates are projected dates, they could change.
Lesson 1: Sunday March 7th 10.30am, in the Parish Centre.
Lesson 2: Sunday March 14th 10.30am, in the Parish Centre.
Lesson 3: Sunday 21st of March 10.30am, in the Parish Centre.
First Reconciliation: Friday 26th March 6pm, in the Church. Fish n Chip supper afterwards in the Parish Centre. Children to be in tidy clothing for this, some may consider it their ‘Sunday best’.
Lesson 1: Sunday June 6th @ 10.30am, in the Parish Centre.
Lesson2: Sunday June 13th @ 10.30am, in the Parish Centre.
Lesson 3: Sunday June 20th @ 10.30am, in the Parish Centre.
Saturday June 26th – possible practice in the church.
Fist Confirmation: Sunday July 11th 9.15 am (during mass).
For First Confirmation arrive no later then 9am for seating & prep.
- Children to be in tidy clothing (Sunday best).
- Child needs a sponsor (must be catholic and have undergone the sacraments themselves) if you have issues with this requirement see Whaea Anna or Father Dennis.
- BE EARLY TO CHURCH (child/sponsor and whanau are to be seated up the front of church usually in a specific order). Being late can make this process very difficult so please be on time.
First Holy Communion
Lesson 1: Sunday August 22nd @ 10.30am, in the Parish Centre.
Lesson 2: Sunday August 29th @ 10.30am, in the Parish Centre.
Lesson 3: Sunday September 12th @ 10.30am, in the Parish Centre.
Saturday September 18th - practice for Sunday.
First Holy Communion: Sunday September 19th 9am (during mass).
Be present no later than 9am for seating & prep.
- CHILDREN TO BE DRESSED IN WHITE. Boys dress pants & shirt. Girls White Dresses usually. If some whanau need support with this please see Whaea Anna – often we have a few items of clothing to lend out if needed.
- BE EARLY TO CHURCH (child whanau are to be seated up the front of church usually in a specific order). Being late can make this process very difficult so please be on time.
- BIG CELEBRATION in the hall after. PLEASE BRING A PLATE OR 2 as this is a function for the children & their whanau as well as some parish. The children will have their own special table.
Both Whanau and the child must complete each session to receive the sacrament. Please make your very best effort to attend every Sunday Session! Catch-ups throughout the week can be done but this is not ideal for organisers. If you can not attend on a Sunday please contact us. It will be your responsibility to make up this date ahead of the next Sunday, please contact an organiser to do so (both child & parent catch up).
Sacramental programme Organisers
(Running the childrens programme)
(Running the whanau programme)
(Supporting both programmes + sacramental Programmes for teens +)